Monday, October 27, 2014

Connecting with Curleys

 I am currently enjoying the hospitality of Gerry and Assumpta Burke. Gerry took me yesterday to speak with a woman from the area who told me about different Kilcommonses and Curleys, and gave me leads. Today Gerry and I went to see Father Joyce, an SVD, who is related to the Kilcommonses. We had a nice tour of the castle that now houses the SVD community. Bert Curley, son of Michael William Curley, used to run the print shop there. His son Shane now runs the shop. When we went to see Shane, he was not there. We headed off to see Bert Curley at home, but he was at a funeral. I spoke with his son, who confirmed that he had an uncle, Pat Joe Curley, a priest in Mississippi. He also mentioned an uncle Michael Curley, who lives in Old Tappan, NJ. We then headed off to see Bert's sister, Sr. Agnes Curley, R.S.M., but she was not home.

We went for lunch, and it turns out that very likely the Curleys were there at the same place having the repast after the funeral. Sr. Agnes just phoned a little while ago to say that she was driving over to see me. Given their connection to Kilcommonses and Joyces, and the fact that they come from the same area, they are very possibly relatives.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment