Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dublin Day Four

Tuesday, August 19

This morning I took a walk to St. Stephen’s Green. Stopped by the Boston College in Ireland house right on the green and was given a tour by a graduate student who is writing her dissertation on Irish emigration to America. We exchanged cards. Sat in St. Stephen’s Green for a while, enjoying the warm sunshine.
While there I received a text message from Brendan O’Brien, the Irish cousin of “Moon” O’Brien. Hugh Welsh had given me his e-mail address. Hugh’s brother had met him, and mentioned my interest in the history of the Belleville Irish. We are going to get together soon.


On the way back to Trinity, I went to the National Museum. Saw the Ardagh Chalice, St. Patrick’s Bell, the Stowe Missal cover. I missed the Tara brooch. I’ll have to stop in again. It is right down the street and is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment